Monday, September 20, 2010

The Search for the Perfect Title

I've been trying to come up with a title for my 2010 NaNo novel, but none of them seem to be right. My 2009 was one called "A Stolen Winter" and part of me wants to have Winter in all three of the titles of the first three books (but maybe not the fourth and definitely not the prequel), but everything I come up with isn't that good. I can come up with titles I like that don't have Winter in them so I'm thinking of abandoning my little theme.

Here are some titles I'm thinking of:
Lies of Winter's Life
Winter's Lies
Lies They Told
Winter's Escape
Sky is Over
The Sky is Falling
Darkest Before the Dawn
Conquering Fear
Winter's Fears
Winter Lies
Winter's Darkest Fears

Which one is the least bad? And do you think the having the word "Winter" in the title is too cheesy. Three of the main characters have the last name Winter.

EDIT: Came up with the title. It's going to be "Fears of Winter" 






No comments:

Post a Comment