Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Goodbye November

    I'm sad to say but NaNoWriMo has ended. Even though it's sad to see it end I guess it's for the best. I didn't have anymore story to write.
    It was a very good month for me. I got way  more than 50k words (244,740 to be exact) and finished three first drafts of novels. I won't be able to edit any of them soon because now I am going to go back to editing ASW like I was supposed to be doing before NaNoWriMo started. Editing isn't very fun for me but I'm kind of looking forward to starting it again. Now is the time where I need to get serious about editing. I would love to be able to submit ASW to publishers around September or maybe I'll wait till after NaNoWriMo next year so I can write the fourth in the Winter series before I get depressed because my novel keeps getting rejected and all the agents think I'm the worst writer who ever lived and that I would be doing everyone a favor if I gave up writing completely.
    I'm both hoping and worried that I will get even more words next year. This year I got way more than I expected so I ended up mostly pantsing my second two novels which is not something I like to. I prefer outlining. To make sure this doesn't happened next year I'm going to write at least four outline. I don't think I'll need four but I didn't think I would need three or even two this year and I did.
    Maybe next year I'll write even more.
    I'm probably going to have to start outlining for November in May or June which sounds crazy. If I don't use all the outlines during NaNo 2011 I'll just use one the next time I write a story. You can never really have too many outlines. At least I don't think you can.
    I'm also trying to get more createspace codes since I have three novels instead of the usual one. So far I have managed to get one in addition to the one I already have. My family wants to read one of my novels but I'm not sure if I'm going to let them. ASW still needs editing as do all my novels. Besides, if I end up self-publishing I'm going to need them to buy my novel which sounds pathetic but is true.
    Hopefully I'll be able to get more than one more createspace code in case I decide to let my family read one of my drafts. If any of you have a code you do not want I would love if you could give it to me. I would be very grateful.
    Since I cannot wait until NaNo starts again I have decided that I will probably do script frenzy. I think my script is going to be a historical fiction but I haven't yet decided on the time period it will take place in. I'm leaning toward the American Revolution or the Holocaust. I know those are two very different periods but I'm very interested in both of them. I'm a Social Studies major so writing a story that takes place in the chance will probably be a lot of fun for me. I'm going to have to decide what time period it takes place in soon so I can start researching.
    Anyway I hope everyone had a fun NaNo like I did and I hope you all come back for it next year too.G

No comments:

Post a Comment